Dr. Xin Li (Sam)
Department of Computer Science and Engineering,
University of California, San Diego
Office: EBU3B #2108
Address: 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093-0404
Email: lixinsdu AT gmail.com
I'm an associate professor in the School of Computer Science and Technology at Shandong University, China since 2011. Currently, as a visiting scholar, I work with Prof. Tajana Šimunić Rosing at System Energy Efficiency (SEE) lab. My research interests include Energy Efficient Scheduling, Embedded System, and Thermal Management.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Intelligence Engineering Lab, Institute of Software, Chinese Academy of Sciences ,2004.9 - 2008.1
- M.S. in Computer Science, Shandong University in China, 2001.9 - 2004.7
- B.S. in Computer Science, Shandong University in China, 1997.9 - 2001.7
- Associate Professor at Department of Computer Science in Shandong University, 2011.1 - now
- Assistant Professor at Department of Computer Science in Shandong University, 2008.1 - 2010
- 10 yrs C/C++ Programming, 2 yrs Assembly Language, 1 yrs ASP. Net, 0.3 yrs Python, 0.5 QT programming
- 2 yrs Mobile Application Programming
- Android Mobile Phone Power Management and Optimization, 2012.1-4.
- Hotspot-based Thermal Management and Task Scheduling Simulator for Multiprocessor SoCs, 2011,6-12.
- LabView-based Power Supply Test System: NI-PXI voltage monitoring and IO control, 2011.1-3.
R&D of Main-Memory Query
Middleware for Offline Auditing System.
Key project (No. K5YC6100011) from the Chinese Academy of Sciences and Chinese National Audit Office. Project Leader,2005.11 - 2007.02.
- R&D of Agilor Real-Time
Database, 2004.09 – 2006.11.
This work is supported by the National High-Tech R&D Plan of China (2004AA412040, 2004AA009988). Agilor system is a distributed real-time platform for accessing and monitoring data from manufacturing, energy, and other process industries.
- Key Issues of
Distributed Database for Japan NTT Data
Corporation,2005.03 - 2006.03
This work gives some solutions to the key issues in distributed database, including data clustering, concurrent control, reliability and recovery.
- PI: Natural Science Foundation of China, “Temperature&Energy-aware scheduling for Real-time Systems on Multiprocessor SoC”(No.60903031), 2010.1-2012.12.
- PI: Outstanding Young Scientist Foundation of Shandong Province, China (BS2010DX017), 2010.10-2013.10.
- PI: Independent Innovation Foundation of Shandong University under grant no. 2009TS032, 2010.10-2013.10.
- PI: China Postdoctoral Science Foundation under grant no. 20090451310, 2009.1-2010.12.
- PI: Postdoctoral Innovation Foundation of Shandong Province under grant no. 200902021, 2010.1-2011.12
- An optimized instruction set for AES encoding based on FPGA, No. 201110024766.X, 2011.
- a stream-processor-based small firewall system, No. 201020300281.X，Jan. 2010.
- IEEE/ACM Member, China Computer Federation Member
LI Xin , JIA Zhiping, JU Lei, ZHAO
Yanheng, ZONG Ziliang. Energy Efficient
Scheduling and Optimization for Parallel Tasks
on Homogeneous Clusters. Chinese Journal of
Luguang Wang, Zhiping Jia, Xin Li,
Yang Li. Dynamic Temperature-Aware Task
Scheduling Based on Sliding Window Model for
MPSoCs. In Proc. of the 3rd IEEE
International Conference on Advanced Computer
- Xin Li, Zhiping Jia,Peng Zhang, Ruihua Zhang and Haiyang Wang.Trust-based On-demand Multipath Routing in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks. IET Information Security. 2010,4.(ISSN: 1751-8709)
- Xin Li, Zhiping Jia,Peng Zhang, Feedback Control Real-time Scheduling over Data Streams, Journal of Computational Information Systems.2010,6(4),1051-1059.
- Xin Li, Zhiping Jia, Peng
Zhang, and Haiyang Wang. A Trust-based Multipath
Routing Framework for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks, In
Proc. of the 7th International Conference on
Fuzzy Systems and Knowledge Discovery
- Xin Li, Zhiping Jia, Li Ma, Zhiwei Qin,and Haiyang Wang, QoS-aware Scheduling for Mixed Real-time Queries over Data Streams, In Proc of the 15th IEEE International Conference on Embedded and Real-Time Computing Systems and Applications (RTCSA), 2009,145-154.
- Xin Li, Li Ma, Zhiping Jia, Ruihua Zhang, and Haiyang Wang, Earliest Deadline Scheduling for Continuous Queries over Data Streams, In Proc of the 6th IEEE International Conference on Embedded Software and Systems(ICESS), 2009,57-64.(Best Paper Award)
- Xin Li, Zhiping Jia, Xinjie Lu, Haiyang Wang. Rule-based Publish-Subscribe Mechanism for Real-time Applications. In Proc. of the 8th IEEE/ACIS International Conference on Computer and Information Science (ICIS’09), 2009, 689-694.
- Li MA,Xin Li,Yongyan Wang,Hongan Wang,Real-time Scheduling for Continuous Queries with Deadlines. In Proc. of the 24th Annual ACM Symposium on Applied Computing(SAC’09),2009.
- Li Ma, Dangwei Liang, Qiongsheng Zhang, Xin Li, Hongan Wang.Load Shedding for Shared Window Join over Real-time Data Streams. In Proc. of the International Conferences on Web-Age Information Management (WAIM),2009,1516-1517.
- Wang Jie, Wang Hongan, Fu Yong, and Li Xin, Feedback Utilization Control for Heterogeneous Real-Time Clusters. Journal of Computer Research and Development, 2009, 46(10), 1626-1633.
- Kun Li, Yongyan Wang, Xin Li, and Hongan Wang. Mining Recent Frequent Itemsets in Data Streams with Optimistic Pruning. In Proc. of the 1st Ubiquitous Knowledge Discovery Workshop in conjunction with ECML/PKDD 2008. 2008.
- Xinjie Lv, Xin Li, Tian Yang, Zaifei Liao, Wei Liu, Hong-an Wang. QoS-Aware Publish-Subscribe Service for Real-Time Data Acquisition. In Workshop of Business Intelligence for the Real Time Enterprise in conjunction with VLDB 2008 (BIRTE’08). August 24, 2008.
- Li MA, Xin Li, Yongyan Wang and Hong-an Wang. An Approach to Handle Overload in Real-time Data Stream Management System. In Proc. of the 5th International Conference on Fuzzy Systems and Knowledge Discovery (FSKD’08). 2008(2),3-8.
- Xinjie Lu, Tian
Yang, Zaifei Liao,
YongyanWang, Wei Liu,
Hongan Wang, A Novel QoS-Enable
Service, Parallel and
with Applications, IEEE
on Parallel and
with Applications (ISPA),
- Xin Li, and Hong-An Wang. Adaptive Real-time Query Scheduling over Data Streams, In Proc. of the 33rd International Conference on Very Large Databases, PhD Workshop (VLDB-PhD07), Sep.,2007.
- Xin Li, Li Ma, Kun Li, Kun Wang, and Hong-An Wang. Adaptive Load Management over Real-time Data Streams, In Proc. of the 4th International Conference on Fuzzy Systems and Knowledge Discovery (FSKD’07). 2007(2):719-725.
- Xin Li, Kun Wang, Li Ma, Kun Li, and Hongan Wang. Adaptive Mixed Query Scheduling in Real-Time Data Streams, In Proc. of the 13th IEEE Real-Time and Embedded Technology and Applications Symposium (RTAS’07), WIP.2007.
- Zhiping Jia and Xin LI. OPC-based architecture of Embedded Web Server, Embedded Software and systems.2005.3605.
- Xin Li and Zhiping Jia. Research and Development of SMS Gateway in OPC-based DCS. Computer Application, 2003(09):113-115.(in Chinese).
- Xin Li and Zhiping Jia. Device Driver Subsystem Key Technologies Research in Real-Time Condition.Computer Engineering and Applications,2003(25):132-133. (in Chinese).
- Zhiping JIA and Xin Li.Research of Distributed Monitoring and Control System Based on OPC.Computer Engineering and Applications,2004(20):208-210.(in Chinese).
- Ru-peng LI, Feng LI, and Xin Li.Research and development of GSM gateway in remote control system.Computer Engineering and Design,2004(12):2240-2241,2293. (in Chinese).
- Computer Organization
- 80x86 Assembly Language
- Digital Logic Circuit